This is another of my "arrow-flicker" designs, but will also work well for larger darts.
You could use a 3/4" dowel for the handle as well.
5/8" dowel, 18" long (12" for arrow-flicker)
1/4" dowel, 1 1/4" long
Leather thong, 9" long
- Drill a 1/4" hole about 1" from the tip at a 40 degree angle. Be careful not to go all the way through.
- About 7" from the other end (5" for arrow-flicker), drill a 1/8" hole through the side at 90 degrees to the peg.
- Round off the ends of the atlatl and sand the holes smooth.
- Round/taper one end of the 1/4" dowel. Put some glue in the hole, then put the flat end of the dowel in. Push it in firmly and let dry.
- Put the thong through and tie it on the back (away from the peg).
Atlatl Designs |