Child's woomera, bought on ebay. Unfortunately, it was before I started paying attention to the details, so I can't tell you anything else about it. It is made out of a very lightweight wood and was missing the peg when I got it. It also had resin on the handle, which I left out in my design.
Wood, 17" x 1 3/4" x 3/8"
Dowel peg, 3/8" x 1"
- Starting 3" from the peg end, curve it down to a point from both sides.
- Draw out the handle as shown.
- 5" from the handle end, the woomera should be 1 1/2" thick (in 1/8" from either side). Draw a line from there to the handle image.
- 5" from the peg end, draw lines down to meet the 1 1/2" thickness by the handle. Cut it out along the lines.
- Round off the bottom of the woomera.
- Round off all the edges and sand smooth.
- Sharpen one end of the dowel peg. Cut the other end at a 60 degree angle. Glue it to the tip and wrap it in place with the sinew.
Original Child's Woomera
My Copy, version 1
My copy, version 2
Close up view of the pegs
Atlatl Designs |