Mornington Island Woomera
Australian woomera from Mornington Island, Queensland.
Wood, 30 3/4" x 2" x 1"
- Starting 13" from the peg end, thin the sides. From 8" to the end it should be 5/8" thick.
- Remove the pieces above and below the handle.
- Taper the bottom cut to 5 1/4" from the end (directly under the peg hook).
- Starting 2 1/2" from the peg end, round it down to approx. 3/4" high.
- Undercut the peg, going in about 3/8".
- Make the handle circular and round off the end.
- Round the sides of the peg end, continuing to the end and rounding it off as well.
- Sand it all smooth.
Atlatl Designs |